Single Central Record Training Courses - A Practical Guide
Safeguarding children is an essential requirement of all schools and it is imperative that you have robust checking and monitoring processes to verify the suitability of your staff.
Ofsted will wish to scrutinise your information and place a great importance on the accuracy and completeness of your Single Central Record. This course is designed to ensure that you meet the specified requirements.
This practcal workshop considers issues around setting up and maintaining the data on the School's Single Central Record in the context of the regulations, guidance and best practice.
Course objectives include:
- To understand both the regulatory framework and best practice underpinning the format and content of the SCR.
- To consider the categories of the staff / workers that should be recorded on the SCR.
- To explore options around the format and content of the SCR.
- To equip participants with a practical understanding of key pre-employment checks for school based staff, volunteers, contractors and agency workers.
- To help participants review their own school SCR and the related pre-employment checking processes.
Who should attend:
Staff responsible for setting up and / or maintaining the Single Central Record (SCR)
To find out course dates, locations and to register a place please click below. Alternatively, for more information please call 0330 123 2549.