Condition Data Collection
The government is about to undertake a survey of schools and academies’ premises, known as Condition Data Collection (CDC). It is expected to continue until 2019. This new programme is a successor to the Property Data Survey and will have a different methodology.
The CDC has 2 separate elements; an online questionnaire and a subsequent site visit. Schools and academies are encouraged to prepare as evidential documentation will need to be made available to assessors.
- Areas covered include:
- Fixed-wire electrical check
- Emergency lighting inspection
- Fire Alarm maintenance
- A current Fire Risk Assessment (done in last 12 months)
- Water hygiene documentation
- Gas safety certification
- Asbestos management plan information